postgresql.conf file and logging questions

От admin@usachurch.com
Тема postgresql.conf file and logging questions
Дата
Re: postgresql.conf file and logging questions  (Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello list,

1.  Where should the postgresql.conf file be to be recognized by the
service on startup?  currently, it is inside my $PGDATA directory but
all of its contents are commented out.

2.  I can't find any log files for postgres.  Inside my /var/log/
directory, there is an empty
file called pgsql.  What do I have to do to get it to log errors,
etc.  Is there a difference between normal logging and syslog logging?

Sorry for the newbie questions!

Thanks,
Devin